This course is designed to give Grade 9 students an understanding of genres in literature.
By the end of Grade 9 English, students will be able to:
- Read fluently using the skills and strategies of the reading process;
- Comprehend, respond to, and analyze a wide variety of literary texts;
- Apply skills and strategies appropriate for reading non-fiction texts;
- Write with a command of formal and informal English;
- Write with clarity, logic, validity, and effectiveness on a wide range of topics and for variety of purposes;
- Listen and respond critically to oral communication;
- Deliver coherent, focused formal and informal oral presentations.
- Teacher: Eleanor Surridge